A team with diverse experiences and a culture of growth and camaraderie.
Think you’d fit in?
Join us in making something awesome.
The role of a Senior UX/UI Designer at Tekna is to provide user interface strategies and solutions that address identified user needs and experiences, while helping our clients meet their business objectives. Achieving this goal requires the close collaboration with other teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers, both internal and external, throughout the design process. A Senior UX/UI Designer will be expected to support a variety of deliverables including crafting of user flows and wireframes, research planning and execution, creation of user interface mockups and prototypes, performing usability studies, and delivering final documentation and assets to software engineering.
Vice President, Product Innovation
Qualifications / Education:
- Bachelors degree in HMI, Design, or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in Interaction Design, UX or UI Design (Consultant/Corporate)
- Work closely with Design / Engineering Leads to scope projects, gain an understanding for clients’ business objectives, and assist in the development of the necessary project deliverables
- With guidance from the Design Lead, assist in the development of the work approach and strategy for accomplishing client and project objectives within the time and budget allowed
- Work in a closely collaborative team environment to design the user experience including the user workflow, information architecture, content, and other aspects
- Participate/lead a variety of research activities designed to gain a deeper understanding of user wants to inspire and refine interface concepts on both digital and physical targets.
- Develop sketches, flow charts, wireframes, interactive prototypes, storyboards, journey maps, and other UX artifacts to effectively communicate the expected design and user experience
- Validate that workflows are easy to use and meet end-user needs by collecting feedback from actual users through formal and informal usability testing techniques
- Responsible for interpreting/implementing clients’ look and feel based on existing guidance and legacy products
- Provide clear documentation and final assets to Software Engineering while ensuring design intent is met.
- Provide design direction to internal UX/UI Designers and external consultants as needed to support UX/UI activities.
The role of the Design Engineering Intern/Co-Op is to provide engineering support during product design, development, and commercialization activities for both internal and consulting projects. They will have the chance to work in a variety of markets including medical devices and consumer appliances.
Qualifications / Education:
Must be currently pursuing an undergraduate ME and/or PDM engineering degree from an accredited engineering school.
- Must have the ability to work in a group environment with creative, open minded, out of the box thinking.
- Must be both self-sufficient and capable of working closely with a supervising engineer.
- Develop conceptual designs utilizing 3D CAD software.
- Create 2D engineering drawings to communicate designs to suppliers and customers.
- Apply fundamental engineering theory and design principles.
- Ability to demonstrate good problem-solving skills, and work with complex and under defined problems.
- Capability to communicate ideas through presentations, rough sketches, and simple physical models.
- Support both product inception and execution activities.
- Must be able to work with colleagues, clients, and suppliers with professionalism.
- Must be interested in the product design and development field of engineering.
Work closely with all functional groups (especially Production, Materials, and Quality) to develop robust, cost effective assembly processes and related documentation for use throughout the production facility, which is consistent with Tekna’s quality and production excellence goals and objectives.
Qualifications / Education:
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering with education in product development and/or manufacturing or equivalent job experience.
- Evaluate and implement suggestions from production personnel as appropriate.
- Provide technical expertise and support to production personnel.
- Initial training of production processes.
- Assist in evaluation of personnel’s competency of production processes.
- Plan line layout and determine equipment requirements for new products.
- Process engineering changes as necessary.
- Product testing.
- Conducts studies in operations to maximize work flow and spatial utilization.
- Ensures facility efficiency and workplace safety with heavy focus on operator ergonomics.
- Improve labor productivity/efficiency through collaborative efforts at optimizing facility layout, labor allocation, work force utilization, and work flow/methods.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a work scheduling and measurement system.
- Heavy focus on the ability to apply Lean production principles and practices to the manufacturing environment.
- Capable of analyzing layout of workstations, workflow, assembly methods and work force capability to maximize efficiency.
- Responsible for in-house process validations, must be well-versed in process qualification/validation.
- Supports NPD teams with DFM direction.
- Implements engineering changes/product improvements to sustain current production.
- Plan and design methods to improve production processes.
- Review existing processes and develop solutions to increase productivity or reduce costs.
- Ensure compliance with approved production methods and quality standards.
- Write, update, and approve production processes.
- Resolve production and supplier nonconformities with sound and long-lasting corrective actions.
- Work with suppliers to improve components, reduce cost, and correct problems.
- Assist in internal audits.
- Assist in evaluation and corrective action for returns and customer complaints.
- Qualify suppliers in conjunction with quality and materials.
- Assist with process validations.
- Building maintenance.
Performs production work in a light industrial and/or assembly environment within the guidelines of Tekna Inc. job description.
- Utilize hand and power tools.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs occasionally.
- Staff members are crossed trained across multiple work stations, quality standards, as well as high standards of safety and workmanship.
- Perform assembly activities with the direction of the line leader(s).
- Assemble to written work instructions.
- Assist in inspection of parts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Reports to the Line Leader.