A team with diverse experiences and a culture of growth and camaraderie.
Think you’d fit in?
Join us in making something awesome.
The role of a Senior UX/UI Designer at Tekna is to provide user interface strategies and solutions that address identified user needs and experiences, while helping our clients meet their business objectives. Achieving this goal requires the close collaboration with other teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers, both internal and external, throughout the design process. A Senior UX/UI Designer will be expected to support a variety of deliverables including crafting of user flows and wireframes, research planning and execution, creation of user interface mockups and prototypes, performing usability studies, and delivering final documentation and assets to software engineering.
Vice President, Product Innovation
Qualifications / Education:
- Bachelors degree in HMI, Design, or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in Interaction Design, UX or UI Design (Consultant/Corporate)
- Work closely with Design / Engineering Leads to scope projects, gain an understanding for clients’ business objectives, and assist in the development of the necessary project deliverables
- With guidance from the Design Lead, assist in the development of the work approach and strategy for accomplishing client and project objectives within the time and budget allowed
- Work in a closely collaborative team environment to design the user experience including the user workflow, information architecture, content, and other aspects
- Participate/lead a variety of research activities designed to gain a deeper understanding of user wants to inspire and refine interface concepts on both digital and physical targets.
- Develop sketches, flow charts, wireframes, interactive prototypes, storyboards, journey maps, and other UX artifacts to effectively communicate the expected design and user experience
- Validate that workflows are easy to use and meet end-user needs by collecting feedback from actual users through formal and informal usability testing techniques
- Responsible for interpreting/implementing clients’ look and feel based on existing guidance and legacy products
- Provide clear documentation and final assets to Software Engineering while ensuring design intent is met.
- Provide design direction to internal UX/UI Designers and external consultants as needed to support UX/UI activities.
Performs production work in a light industrial and/or assembly environment within the guidelines of Tekna Inc. job description.
- Utilize hand and power tools.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs occasionally.
- Staff members are crossed trained across multiple work stations, quality standards, as well as high standards of safety and workmanship.
- Perform assembly activities with the direction of the line leader(s).
- Assemble to written work instructions.
- Assist in inspection of parts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Reports to the Line Leader.