A team with diverse experiences and a culture of growth and comradery.
Think you’d fit in?
Join us in making something awesome.
The role of the Design Engineering Intern/Co-Op is to provide engineering support during product design, development, and commercialization activities for both internal and consulting projects. The Design Engineering Intern/Co-Op will have the chance to work in a variety of markets including medical devices and consumer appliances.
Sr. Lead Engineer
Qualifications / Education:
- A qualified candidate must be currently pursuing an undergraduate ME and/or PDM engineering degree from an accredited engineering school.
- Must have the ability to work in a group environment with creative, open minded, out of the box thinking.
- Must be both self-sufficient and capable of working closely with a supervising engineer.
- Develop conceptual designs utilizing 3D CAD software (preferably Creo2).
- Create 2D engineering drawings to communicate designs to suppliers and customers.
- Apply fundamental engineering theory and design principles.
- Ability to demonstrate good problem-solving skills, and work with complex and under defined problems.
- Capability to communicate ideas through presentations, rough sketches, and simple physical models.
- Support both product inception and execution activities.
- Must be able to work with colleagues, clients, and suppliers with professionalism.
- Must be interested in the product design and development field of engineering.
Tekna is looking for a graphic designer who is driven by creative curiosity, can be trusted to collaborate with some of the greatest people and brands, and ultimately deliver solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations.
Director, Product Innovation
Qualifications / Education:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in a graphic related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years professional design experience.
- Excellent communicator who takes direction well and is willing to learn (and sometimes teach).
- Able to sell, present, and talk through design thinking.
- Fun, collaborative attitude, and understands the value of teamwork and positive communication.
- Able to work under tight deadlines.
- Able to work with outside vendors (freelance designers, interns, outside agencies, printers, etc.)
- Strong creative writing skills.
- Detail oriented, creative, strong eye for design, layout, color, and typography.
- Participate in a variety of research activities designed to gain a deeper understanding of market trends, demographics, competitive landscape, user needs and environments within the context of the given project.
- Possess and demonstrate a high skill level in fundamental design tools and practices, including but not limited to the following:
- Sketch development, Adobe Creative Suite, Pre-press printing
- Emerging technologies in new media
- Interactive design and software
- Utilizing 2D software to resolve design and create finished design layouts.
- Support the creation of tradeshow/exhibit design, infographics, research summaries, and presentations.
- Support the creation of product advertising using current digital trends.
- Support the creation of interactive design wireframes, layout, and execution.
- Help support internal graphic design needs and provide web and social media sites maintenance.
- Support graphic needs for products: logo / graphic treatments, usage guides, etc.
- Lastly, be willing to jump in and support and balance multiple projects, as needed, in a fast pace environment.
Performs production work in a light industrial and/or assembly environment within the guidelines of Tekna Inc. job description.
- Utilize hand and power tools.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs occasionally.
- Staff members are crossed trained across multiple work stations, quality standards, as well as high standards of safety and workmanship.
- Perform assembly activities with the direction of the line leader(s).
- Assemble to written work instructions.
- Assist in inspection of parts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Reports to the Line Leader.